Text Size

Parts & Accessories

Which Tanfoglio Parts Fit Jericho

Check out this forum to find links of online vendors with spare parts, mags, holsters and other items.

Re: Which Tanfoglio Parts Fit Jericho?

Postby joetama » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:45 pm

Cali is a long way from Indiana, and Ohio for that matter.
joetama

Re: Which Tanfoglio Parts Fit Jericho?

Postby jackoctober » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:24 am

Truth.
Various hats, various Russian style rifles.
jackoctober

Re: Which Tanfoglio Parts Fit Jericho (recently overhauled)

Postby joetama » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:11 pm

Just an FYI my extractor came in and my brother took a picture and sent it to me. Looks right, but I won't know for sure till next week when I get home and can install it.
joetama

Postby jackoctober » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:21 pm

joetama wrote:Just an FYI my extractor came in and my brother took a picture and sent it to me. Looks right, but I won't know for sure till next week when I get home and can install it.

Good deal, like I mentioned in the edits though, I did a massive amount of picture searching and size comparisons and any picture on the internet that has ever shown the inside of a Witness I have viewed--the parts all look identical.

My extractor should be here any time as well, and next purchase will most likely be a hammer/hammer spring to get rid of my nasty DAO hammer.
jackoctober

Postby wickersham » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:25 pm

great info. made it a sticky...
אוי אל רשע! זה יהיה חולה איתו: עבור גמול של ידיו תינתן לו.
wickersham

Postby OrionK9 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:00 am

I think replacement parts is an issue with just about every Jericho owner out there. My 9mm is only a couple of months old, and fortunately, it has had no problems so far. I too, am hoping that IWI is able to find a U.S. partner to market its weapons and to carry replacement parts. The longer IWI goes without a U.S. distributer, the harder it is going to be for them to find customers in this country. People aren't going to want to buy a gun that is hard to get, does not have reliable warranty service, and is hard to get replacement parts for. I have no idea of what kind of financial condition IWI is in, but it is hard to believe that they would ignore a large and lucrative market like the USA unless they had financial problems, also. I HOPE that they are working hard to find a US distributer.
OrionK9

Postby joetama » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:30 am

I'm not sure as to the financial health of the IWI, but assuming they are one of the major Israeli contractors I doubt they are in any trouble.

I am of the opinion that they have made some bad choices as to their American counterparts in the civilian sector. I'm sure the Magnum Research connection was a simple one since they already had a relationship in dealing with the Desert Eagle. The movement to CD/KBI was one probably to boost sales and import volume which consequently backfired. Hopefully now, for the 4th time, they can find a quality importer with a good advertisement and distribution network.
joetama

Postby wickersham » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:49 am

Personally, I hope if/when they do find a new importer, they will import them as they sell them over there (ie, same name, same sights, frame mounted saftey, etc - take a look at IWI website and notice the difference between those and the latest MR/KBI guns).

http://www.israel-weapon.com/default.asp

I think being able to get an "original" would broaden the appeal. I also want a Barak, even if it is ugly. :cry:
אוי אל רשע! זה יהיה חולה איתו: עבור גמול של ידיו תינתן לו.
wickersham

Postby jackoctober » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:15 pm

I happen to really like the Five-Seven despite it being the ugliest gun ever made, so I feel you on that.

A slight update; I recieved a small package in the mail from Colorado Monday evening, I may end up heading back home (I live on campus currently) and installing it either tomorrow night or Friday night. As soon as the thing is in I'll add the extractor and whatever else I ordered to the list of 'crap that fits'. I'm confident it will be exactly the same, but I'm the type of person that measures twice before cutting.
jackoctober

Re: Which Tanfoglio Parts Fit Jericho

Postby jackoctober » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:17 am

OK, I installed an ejector, ejector pin, and a Wolff ejector spring in my Jericho, and it all fits.

I don't have a good camera for photos, but I may do a drawing or something to show that the front of the ejector is slightly different--it has a small, thin protrusion (running horizontal if you were looking at the gun from the rear) on the bottom front. It appears to not affect the function of the gun.
The new pieces fit much more snugly as expected, so if you struggle putting the pin in that is normal. The Tanfoglio ejector has a much nicer finish than my stock one did, and it makes the gun look a little nicer. The only issue I have with it it installed is you can see the spring a little bit (breech open or closed). I don't think this would really affect the performance of the firearm, and it may just be because of the longer Wolff spring (in fact I'm sure it is, its at least 30% longer).

Anyway, I'll put about 2 mags through it tomorrow to make sure it feeds correctly in a firing situation, but hand-feeding rounds through it seemed to work just fine. I'll either edit this post or post a new one, but I think it's about time for bed.

PS-if you're sick of your old grip screws the Henning torx bit screws fit our guns and are a shiny silver color, only prob is the head is smaller so you could see the grip washer. If you look around I'm sure you could find rubber washers about that size that would hide that.

--
As expected, the gun fired 20 rounds nicely, the shells flew far beyond where they used to, by the way.
jackoctober

PreviousNext

Return to Parts & Accessories