Text Size

Parts & Accessories

Which Tanfoglio Parts Fit Jericho

Check out this forum to find links of online vendors with spare parts, mags, holsters and other items.

Re: Which Tanfoglio Parts Fit Jericho

Postby Jericho » Sat May 15, 2010 7:43 am

I'm thinking one of our fine members should start up a new hobby of machining and tempering firing pins!
The shortest path to the hearts and minds of home invaders is through their sternums and cranio-ocular cavities.
Jericho

Postby jackoctober » Sat May 15, 2010 12:34 pm

1-2-3-not it.
Various hats, various Russian style rifles.
jackoctober

Postby Jericho » Sat May 15, 2010 1:43 pm

Seriously, I've thought about it and may do it in the future, but my next project is going to be finishes. And I've been staying pretty busy doing the leather work in my free time.
The shortest path to the hearts and minds of home invaders is through their sternums and cranio-ocular cavities.
Jericho

Postby rigg1618 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:30 am

I want a frame mounted safety, but they are really hard to find in any condition. Would it be possible to use a tanfoglio frame mounted safety on a jericho that currently has a slide mounted safety? Any idea if this is a good solution?
rigg1618

Postby jackoctober » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:08 am

rigg1618 wrote:I want a frame mounted safety, but they are really hard to find in any condition. Would it be possible to use a tanfoglio frame mounted safety on a jericho that currently has a slide mounted safety? Any idea if this is a good solution?

Unless you can find a Jericho with no safety I don't see how that would work. There was a limited number of them made, I have one, but its an Uzi Eagle, sub compact, double action only version from factory. Beyond that I don't know if they made those in any other sizes or configurations. If I were you and if you really want a frame mounted safety, I would just find one in decent condition and have some work done to it. Either that or wait for the new batches to come out in the next few years and see if they finally offer the frame mounted option again.

But in short, no, if you already have a slide mounted safety I wouldn't think it would work, and if it did, you'd still have an extra useless safety on your slide.
jackoctober

Postby rigg1618 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:55 pm

"But in short, no, if you already have a slide mounted safety I wouldn't think it would work, and if it did, you'd still have an extra useless safety on your slide.".
LOL, All things are possible. I am not pretending that this would be a quick and easy fix. I was thinking of getting a used jericho in rough condition for cheap as a project gun. Remove the slide safety and drill a hole in the frame for the tanfoglio safety. Re finish the pistol, new springs and pins, maybe I will make it a .357 sig , I was just wondering how much work the safety will be.
rigg1618

Postby jackoctober » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:31 pm

rigg1618 wrote:"But in short, no, if you already have a slide mounted safety I wouldn't think it would work, and if it did, you'd still have an extra useless safety on your slide.".
LOL, All things are possible. I am not pretending that this would be a quick and easy fix. I was thinking of getting a used jericho in rough condition for cheap as a project gun. Remove the slide safety and drill a hole in the frame for the tanfoglio safety. Re finish the pistol, new springs and pins, maybe I will make it a .357 sig , I was just wondering how much work the safety will be.

You still got a giant hole in your slide when your done :D
Pretty sure the frame mounted safety goes where your sear cage pin is, so there's no hole drilling involved.
jackoctober

Postby rigg1618 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:25 pm

" You still got a giant hole in your slide when your done 
Pretty sure the frame mounted safety goes where your sear cage pin is, so there's no hole drilling involved"
Now that is good to here. So then I have the holes in the slide to weld, I can get that prettied up when it gets its new finish. My wife is going to kill me. After my last project (draco sbr w/silencer) she is not pleased to share my time with the shop. It may be a waste of time and money if it doesn't work....I guess that's what hobbies are for !
rigg1618

Postby boscoman » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Hmm, so basically what you are looking for is a Bul Cherokee?
Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Postby rigg1618 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:21 am

No. I'm really just looking for a 941F. But I can't find one, so I am going to try and make one. Is this a bad idea? Probably. Will it work? Maybe not. But it will give me something fun to do :)
rigg1618

PreviousNext

Return to Parts & Accessories