Text Size

General Gunsmithing

Duracoating

Step away from the Dremel with your hands up!

Duracoating

Postby mattyj513 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:55 pm

For anyone who is interested in refinishing a firearm but does not have alot of cash, alot of time, alot of experience, or alot of equipment duracoating is the way to go. For about 50 bucks and about 3 hours of my time (half of which was disassembling and reassembling my gun) I now have an awesome two tone. The Jericho is a great candidate for duracoat, as it adheres best to a parker finish, but it will also take to pretty much anything with at most, a light sanding. If you can spray paint you can duracoat. LauerWeaponry.com has the whole selection of colors, which is pretty much every color, and has fast shipping and good CS as well. There are a ton of how to articles and videos on the web as well. If anyone has done any Duracoat projects post some pics. I would like to try my hand at one of the camo patterns, just need to buy another gun to do it to first.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"You cannot put a rope around the neck of an idea.
You cannot put an idea against a barrack wall and riddle it with bullets.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Re: Duracoating

Postby boscoman » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:41 pm

Looks very nice.
I am a fan of Duracoat.
Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Postby th3ug1y0n3 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:23 pm

did you do the inside as well?
th3ug1y0n3

Postby mattyj513 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:34 pm

I did not. I have heard of people doing it, but it can slightly change tolerances and fit, and that to me would have been a gamble with no real returns. I am actually going to be doing another DuraCoat job in the near future, I'll post about it once its complete.
"You cannot put a rope around the neck of an idea.
You cannot put an idea against a barrack wall and riddle it with bullets.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Return to General Gunsmithing