Text Size

Tech Room

Magnum Research IMI .45 / EAA Witness Mags

The place to share any problems you have with your gun and find the appropriate fix for it.

Magnum Research IMI .45 / EAA Witness Mags

Postby Nightrider1015 » Sun May 01, 2011 8:18 pm

I'm glad I found this site. Let me start off by saying I am a Police Officer in Central California and have been using my Baby Eagle .45 for over a year now on duty.I have shot hundreds of rounds through it and it never failed me. That is intill today, during a firearms training session, I loaded up brand new mags (bought from gun show) made for Witness .45. I also had my 2 factory mags which came with the gun. All was great intill I slapeped in the Witness mag and started to get miss feeds and mult jams. I was told I couldn't quilify today due to the gun not operating correctly. I am a little confused and hope someone can help. I was told by a gun store worker that witness mags are identical to the baby eagle mags. The gun does great with the original ones but is a P.O.S. with the witness mags. I need some advice before I go out next week and quilify again.
Thanks,
Zack :shock:
Nightrider1015

Re: Magnum Research IMI .45 / EAA Witness Mags

Postby wickersham » Sun May 01, 2011 8:57 pm

Welcome Zack,
I can't speak to the .45 mags directly (but there are many here that can help), but I can tell you that Jericho mags in general seem to be very finicky on the 9mm side. Are the witness mags Tanfoglio? Do they have a T inside a triangle on the body...

At any rate, glad to have you.
אוי אל רשע! זה יהיה חולה איתו: עבור גמול של ידיו תינתן לו.
wickersham

Postby Nightrider1015 » Sun May 01, 2011 9:58 pm

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, they do have a T un a triangle.
Nightrider1015

Postby boscoman » Mon May 02, 2011 6:20 am

I would at the least pull the mags apart & make sure that the followers have no burrs on them & that they are smooth on all the surfaces. Not shooting a 45 (I have a 40 that is also very particular w/ mags) I can't speak to what mags will work best. I have had good luck though with Mec Gar magazines ( http://www.mec-gar.com/product.html ). They might be worth a try.
Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Return to Tech Room