Text Size

Tech Room

Used Baby Eagle has a handful of issues.

The place to share any problems you have with your gun and find the appropriate fix for it.

Re: Used Baby Eagle has a handful of issues.

Postby L5K » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:13 pm

Yeah, I got to figure out my modification and info about the pistol without a place like this.
Speaking of which, there is loads of valuable info I found a couple years ago at a place called the "CZ Clone Club." It's pretty much dominated by the EAA Witness guys, but their guns are so close to ours that most of their info is still good. Plus it was very friendly when I was there. Every once in a while a Jericho/BE would show up asking questions there, they are always helpful.

Regarding all this follower stuff. I would still say the best route to go is to modify your slide stop, or simply buy one that is longer and will work with all mags. To me that's better than spending more per magazine to get the right ones if you can even find them.
"It is a mistake to suppose that all men want to be free. On the contrary, if freedom entails responsibility, many of them want none of it." -Theodore Darymple
L5K

Postby cz75luver » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:57 pm

There are two things I would do:

1. Get new mag springs. If the mag spring is weak, it may not react fast enough to push the slide lock up during recoil. If you have the compact, get the EAA Witness compact springs by Wolff.

2. Change the extractor spring and clean the extractor recesses while at it. The design of the CZ/Jericho extractor allows for a lot of gook to accumulate under the extractor from the spring to the hook. Just clean it up. I'd recommend the Wolff extra power extractor springs.

I believe you mentioned the pistol is used (new-to-you). As an FYI, any used semi pistol should have the recoil, extractor and firing pin springs changed. Wolff recoil springs usually include a firing pin spring.

Here's the link showing how to perform these operations:

http://jericho941.nexuslite.com/index.htm

Here's the link to Wolff:

http://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?page=items&cID=1&mID=19
cz75luver

Postby Torque556 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:23 pm

cz75luver,

That's the reply I was looking for. :mrgreen: Thank you so much for that information. I'll do as you say and let everyone know how it goes.

Thanks,
Torque556

ETA: The only compact recoil springs they have note that they don't work with dual recoil spring systems. That's what my BE has, compact, dual recoil springs... any other suggestions where to pick up springs for it?
Torque556

Postby cz75luver » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:01 am

Darn(!), I can't help you on which recoil spring would work. I would guess that a single spring in the 18# - 20# area would work, but I want to say the EAA/CZ recoil springs are made for a thinner recoil guide rod. I'll update this post with what I measure for the Semi-Compact Jericho and CZ P-01. Just an FYI, the CZ compacts share the same recoil springs as the EAA compacts.
cz75luver

Postby L5K » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:58 pm

I don't know about the dual spring setup, my .40 BE has a rod with a single spring and CZ75 springs work great in it. I'm using I think a 22 pound or a 24 pound in it.
"It is a mistake to suppose that all men want to be free. On the contrary, if freedom entails responsibility, many of them want none of it." -Theodore Darymple
L5K

Postby cz75luver » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 pm

entry removed
Last edited by cz75luver on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cz75luver

Postby Millie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:14 pm

kraigster414 wrote:All I can say is, what a goat romp.

Much as I hate to admit it, this phrase is begging me to ask "what the hell is a goat romp?" I know I'll regret whatever the answer is but I kind of have to know so I can sleep nights again :o
~Millie~
I'm not that kind of girl ;)
Millie

Postby cz75luver » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:53 pm

Hey Torque556, when you get a chance would you also post a picture of the ejector? If you would, just lock the slide back and take a top and side view. The reason I ask is because if the extractor has a good grip on the case and the recoil spring is operationally acceptable, I would expect the ejector to be able to knock the casing out. Naturally, this is assuming good ammo and no limp-wristing which I know you said was not occurring.

Thanks.
cz75luver

Postby Torque556 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:32 pm

Everything seems sound to me. Maybe you can spot something that I can't. Spring for the extractor seems to have good tension. Ejector seems normal. Maybe I am limp-wristing it, and don't even know it. :? Never had an issue with limp-wristing before, with any pistol. And aside from myself, another experienced shooter had the same issues.
Last edited by Torque556 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Torque556

Postby cz75luver » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:41 pm

entry removed
Last edited by cz75luver on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cz75luver

PreviousNext

Return to Tech Room