Text Size

Tech Room

Used Baby Eagle has a handful of issues.

The place to share any problems you have with your gun and find the appropriate fix for it.

Re: Used Baby Eagle has a handful of issues.

Postby Torque556 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:51 pm

cz75luver wrote:Realize that I am not an expert and assume this information to be incorrect. Please verify everything that has been stated prior to attempting any changes.

Well it's safe to say I will fire only factory ammunition out of this pistol until things are sorted out. :roll: Hand loads bring in too many variables. But also understand that 80%+ of the ammunition I've fired out of the pistol so far has been factory ammunition, where there were plenty of failures with.
Torque556

Postby Jericho » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:29 am

I just found this thread and thought I would mention the DPM recoil reduction spring might be an answer to replacing the recoil spring. You can make sure it fits your model that way.

http://www.dpmsystems.com/en/products/
The shortest path to the hearts and minds of home invaders is through their sternums and cranio-ocular cavities.
Jericho

Postby Torque556 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:58 am

I was thinking about trying out that recoil system. I think I will go with that over anything. I've sent them an email all ready and they said they most deffinately have a model available for my compact pistol. Thank you so very much to everyone in this thread, I'll keep you all posted how things work out.
Torque556

Postby Calico Jack » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:14 pm

The only rounds that I have had any FTE's on was a box of Remington 9mm ball ammo. For some reason it just wouldn't cycle like it should and I had a few rounds that took multiple strikes on the primer to discharge. When the rounds did go off, the brass was just rolling down my wrist or coming dang close to stove-piping.

As for a failure to lock back on the last round, I've had my own issues which I tried to figure out mechanically and then I realized the problem was long thumbs. I was resting my right thumb on the side of the frame and it would find its way on to the slide catch enough to hold it down.
Calico Jack

Postby Strike Force » Fri May 27, 2011 10:59 pm

I shoot at least once a week. My experiance related to the slide lock has always been the magazine. Suggestion, remove the slide and insert an EMPTY clip. Observe the mechanics involved as the clip is inserted the last 1/4 of an inch. Take a wooden pencil or piece of plastic, and slightly push down the follower. By doing this and observeing what happens you can see what causes the slide to lock back and how. This should give you a direction for slide lock corrections. Hope this helps.................... Check each empty clip in the same manner. You should find that not all of you clips will trip the mechanics of the slide lock. I have not found one that is not correctable.
Strike Force

Postby ARMAN » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:04 pm

L5K wrote:Yeah, I got to figure out my modification and info about the pistol without a place like this.
Speaking of which, there is loads of valuable info I found a couple years ago at a place called the "CZ Clone Club." It's pretty much dominated by the EAA Witness guys, but their guns are so close to ours that most of their info is still good. Plus it was very friendly when I was there. Every once in a while a Jericho/BE would show up asking questions there, they are always helpful.

Regarding all this follower stuff. I would still say the best route to go is to modify your slide stop, or simply buy one that is longer and will work with all mags. To me that's better than spending more per magazine to get the right ones if you can even find them.

Hi L5K, just bought a baby eagle (steel 9mm) and was wondering if you remember which CZ model has the slide lock that would fit the baby eagle. My slide would not lock agter discharging the last round. I know it's been a few years but would appreciate the help. Thank you.
ARMAN

Postby skydancer » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:48 pm

I just got 2 CZ 75 9mm mags ( 15 rnd ) and they work just great, no issues at all. Locks back fine, feeds fine, they are tight when I use the slide lock to release the slide, work great if I rack the slide with a fresh full mag and the slide locked back.
" When the people fear the GOVERMENT, there is TYRANNY; When the goverment fears the PEOPLE,there is LIBERTY "
[b]Thomas Jefferson[/b]
skydancer

Previous

Return to Tech Room