Text Size

Tech Room

Decocker Safety Issue?

The place to share any problems you have with your gun and find the appropriate fix for it.

Re: Decocker Safety Issue?

Postby wickersham » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:18 am

Glad it worked out for you. What is the "combat" sear supposed to do different than standard?
אוי אל רשע! זה יהיה חולה איתו: עבור גמול של ידיו תינתן לו.
wickersham

Postby th3ug1y0n3 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:23 am

I am not sure what the difference is. Below is the link that I found that had the same sear,Item PR003 and it listed as a combat sear. It's hard to see it but if you look close you will see the same indention on that one as the sear I have in the picture. I think that maybe it allows the safety to be modified like the p07, thinking that but thinking has gotten me in trouble in the past.

http://www.tanfoglio.it/shop/ricambi/pr ... ombat.html
th3ug1y0n3

Postby th3ug1y0n3 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:08 pm

Well the issue is back. It seems that it only occurs when with the magazine is in and loaded or when it the magazine is empty and I apply pressure. I might as well as remove the safety pin and run it like the other guy that posted earlier this week.

I added a picture where you can see that the safety is engaged and the hammer is cocking as I apply pressure to the trigger. Magazine is loaded but not chambered, at least not this time.

I wish that I could send it to Magnum Reseach knowing that they would fix it under warranty. But I am a bit leary that they will charge me an arm and a leg, better off just ordering another sear through Numrich which would come out the same even if they would fix it due to the cost of shipping, only would never know why this happens unless I send to Magnum Research. :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
th3ug1y0n3

Postby th3ug1y0n3 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:16 pm

I am still on this dead horse. I think I finally figured the issue out. The issue is not with the sear but with the slide and the frame.

The issue only occurs when I have a full magazine in it. The pressure of the spring pushing up causes the bullet to push the slide up which caused the saftey pin to not push the sear all the way down in saftey mode due to the notch in the sear. This is what allows the hammer to be engaged.

I compared this poly 9mm with the steel 9mm and noticed that there was practically no play at all between the slide and frame on the steel 9mm. However the poly 9mm has a tiny bit of play which is why the pressue of the sping on the bullet allows it to apply enough uppward pressure to the slide to cause the saftey pin to be non effective with the existing sear which has the notch.

Now, I wonder if there is anything that can be done to tighten up the fit between the slide and the frame. I would like to send it to Magnum Reseach but I wonder if they would even be able to correct this problem. I am starting to feel that the poly is not as good of quality as the steel version.
th3ug1y0n3

Postby th3ug1y0n3 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:25 am

Well I finally sent this off to Magnum Research and got it back. They said that it was a burr on the trigger and that they had to smooth it out. Well when I got it back, while the hammer did not cock back every time it still would catch a pull a bit.... I just got rid of the damn thing today or might I say yesteday and bought a CZ SP01 and WOW am I glad that I did. The CZ SP01 is wonderfull. I am now thinking of getting rid of my steel one too and getting another CZ75.
th3ug1y0n3

Previous

Return to Tech Room