Text Size

Tech Room

New Baby, last round issue

The place to share any problems you have with your gun and find the appropriate fix for it.

New Baby, last round issue

Postby Nomad » Fri May 25, 2012 8:00 pm

Hi all,
I am a new member and owner of a new(2011)full size 40 baby eagle/jericho .
This gun is great, i love how it feels and shoots. I have had NO JAMS from this gun in abot 300 rounds . but it seems like the last round of almost every mag is getting chewed up and sometimes just falling out of the mag well when i take the mag out. NO JAMS just the last round. could this be from having the mags left loaded to full capacity or maybe a recoil spring issue? im probably going to buy a wolf reduced power spring kit to see if it helps. and next time i go shooting i will try loading just one round into the mag and seeing if it chews up the brass on the lock back like it seems to be doing now.
Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Nomad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nomad

Re: New Baby, last round issue

Postby mattyj513 » Fri May 25, 2012 9:48 pm

Hmmm...Keeping the mags loaded would not have any ill effects...Are these getting caught/pinched upon ejecting (like do you have to physically pluck it out or work the slide)? Does it happen with different brands of ammo? Does the slide lock back consistently/properly?
"You cannot put a rope around the neck of an idea.
You cannot put an idea against a barrack wall and riddle it with bullets.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Postby Nomad » Sat May 26, 2012 4:13 am

1. I do not have to physically pluck them out. Usually they ether eject, or fall out the mag well when I take out the mag. They are not getting stuck.
2. The slide locks back every magazine as it should.
3. I don't really know if the difference in ammo is making a difference. I think I started noticing it the second time i took it out and that was with rem umc but i've seen it happen with pretty much every brand/type of ammo i have used. I am really glad that its not jamming or malfunctioning in a way that hinders its performance, but i cant help knowing that if there is a small problem now it could escalate with continued use.
Nomad

Postby COFirearmsInstructor » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:23 pm

Is this from one magazine or different ones. It is probably a mag issue. Most issues with semi auto pistols are mag related. Have you numbered your mags so you know if one mag acts up? Are they all factory mags? You mentioned the last round usually falls out the mag well when you eject the mag. Is it a live round that didn't chamber or the fired brass that didn't eject? I see you submitted pics but for some reason I can't see them.

IF the last round isn't chambering it usually means the lips of the magazine have opened up a little. Do you practice a lot of speed reloads from slide lock? If so try bending them back with a pair of pliers.

Good luck

Chris
COFirearmsInstructor

Postby Nomad » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:09 pm

Thanks man. just to be clear though all the rounds ARE chambering.
I still have had NO FTFs OR FTE just WEAK EJECTION on the last round. I've put 4-5 boxes through it since I first posted this thread.... no jamz. I should probably just call MRI, but I don't want to be without it for any length of time, to be honest.
I may get a punch and an extractor spring, try cleaning the extractor channel, and replacing the spring.
even though I did the old "shake the slide with a round under the extractor" and it held tight.

Now, I have seen some SOME failure to feeds now because made the mistake of buying some EAA black follower mags for 10 bux each. I have seen FTFs from those POS but I have never seen a failure to feed, failure to fire, or failure to eject from the MRI mags....

My problem is weak ejection of the last round ONLY and the brass is always marred on the last round only. With the good mags. I threw away the shitty ones.
Nomad

Return to Tech Room