Text Size

Tech Room

Feeding Jams

The place to share any problems you have with your gun and find the appropriate fix for it.

Feeding Jams

Postby Hondo » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:54 pm

I purchased a baby eagle (Jericho 941) in 2008 and have just recently taken it to the range to shoot it. I know, what was my problem, why did it take me so long to get to the range with it?
Any way, I had 4 feeding jams with in the first 100 rounds. Is this due to the break-in peroid of the gun and or magazine, or will I need to get this problem fixed by a professional?
I have the semi-compact .45 with accessory rail. I used Winchester white box.
Hondo

Re: Feeding Jams

Postby mattyj513 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:20 pm

I've got the size and caliber from KBI, I had trouble with the factory mags..keep em fully loaded to break the springs in, and consider getting the eaa mags.
"You cannot put a rope around the neck of an idea.
You cannot put an idea against a barrack wall and riddle it with bullets.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Re: Feeding Jams

Postby rat907 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:47 am

Hondo wrote:I used Winchester white box.

Not too familiar with the ballistics of the .45, but I suggest using 230gr with velocities just below the hot mark or the middle spectrum of the velocities available. Using the regulatiing load (the round that the gun was designed around) for your break-in removes one of the factors of the equation. Some guns are stubborn and require 1000 rds to break in, but it should be broke-in at 500 rds and trouble free. If at 1000 rds you still have problems, then a trip to the gun doctor is in order.

FTE/FTF (fail to eject / fail to feed) is common place in "new" guns and as long as the problems don't multiply and slowly work themselves out, I see no reason for a gunsmith yet.
Just another clown with guns™
אני תומך בישראל ואנשים שלה

In War: Victory, In Peace: Diligence, In Death: Sacrifice

rat907

Return to Tech Room