Text Size

How-To Instructions

Grip Tape Your Jericho!

No need to reinvent the wheel, just post your links to handy and informative manuals, videos, and general directions here.

Grip Tape Your Jericho!

Postby jackoctober » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:20 pm

I watched a video on henningshootsguns.com in the tech section where he talks about using skateboard tape to get a sharper grit on your gun. I promptly went off to home depot and found some outdoor 3m skid tape for ladders and steps.

I put my hands around my gun to try and figure out where it should go, then drew the basic shape out on the back of the tape with pencil and slowly cut it out with kitchen shears (which are now dull, a warning) after some frustration with utility knives. I ended up putting some on the slide as the henning video suggested, giving me the ability to pull the slide back from the front of the gun without it slipping.

After I applied the tape to the slide, right side of the grip, and to the left side where I rest my thumb, I then dug out a medium-light metal file and filed the grit down to my liking. I then went out shooting all day with the gun and I noticed a big difference in control due to the rougher texture on my right hand, and it was much faster and easier to charge rounds from the front. If you are alright with getting a little glue on your finish and you shoot a lot, I suggest you do this little mod.
I also highly suggest it to people who want a more secure feel from their old plastic grips.

You will need...
-big kitchen shears or a very tough knife
-3m Outdoor Skid tape or skateboard grit tape (about $12.00 for a huge roll)
-Pencil or pen
-Small screw driver or metal punch to help cut out screw holes (if you do grips).

And finally, some awful camera phone pictures...
PIC_0126.jpg
PIC_0125.jpg
PIC_0127.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Various hats, various Russian style rifles.
jackoctober

Re: Grip Tape Your Jericho!

Postby captainofiron » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:09 pm

interesting

this might be a good idea on my grips since nobody out there makes any aftermarket grips for the 45acp model Jericho
captainofiron

Postby jackoctober » Mon May 03, 2010 8:27 am

Yup yup, I also posted something somewhere on this forum about getting the Hogue rubber grips to fit a .45 which you may want to look at if you are in desperation.
Various hats, various Russian style rifles.
jackoctober

Postby RCAFSHOOTER » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:40 pm

Nice and neat job!
RCAFSHOOTER

Postby boscoman » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:47 am

http://www.thegunsource.com/item/76072_ ... ld_P9.aspx

I have used the Agrip for my Jericho.
Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Return to How-To Instructions