Text Size

Suggestions & Feedback

Opinions and feedback

Let's hear your ideas on how to improve the site and get the word out about the pistols we own and love!

Opinions and feedback

Postby spencey89 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:17 pm

Right now my load out consist of a 941 full size steel Jericho and a 1903A3 or A4 rifle. There are drawback to such a armament, the only one I can think of are a back up revolver.

For background, I'm a history major with a concentration in Mil. History. I've studied warfare back to front and back again. I've researched the background on the both these weapons, and would not have bought either with the track records they have. I'm looking for opinion or comment what I have. To be fair I value accuracy over firepower.

Thanks for any input.
spencey89

Re: Opinions and feedback

Postby mattyj513 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:48 am

I do not collect from a military perspective, although I know people who do. They usually have separate purchases for their defense/carry needs, and they usually have some kind of goals or preferences in their purchases, for example trying to obtain every rifle used in WW2, or every major issued arm used by the US military. If you go into a collecting mode without a game plan, you can end up have a very random collection (not necessarily a bad thing), so you may want to set some goals you'd like to accomplish.
"You cannot put a rope around the neck of an idea.
You cannot put an idea against a barrack wall and riddle it with bullets.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Re: Opinions and feedback

Postby boscoman » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:52 pm

Tend to agree with mattyj513. I collect Israeli weapons & pretty much stick to them whether I shoot them or just store them as safe queens.
Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Return to Suggestions & Feedback