Text Size

Suggestions & Feedback

Login

Let's hear your ideas on how to improve the site and get the word out about the pistols we own and love!

Login

Postby Millie » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:49 pm

Before the most recent change in the title banner I just stayed logged in and didn't have to login on each visit. Now I have to log in every time, sometimes my time is shown as eastern even though in my settings it's MDT. Not a real big deal, but just wondered if this happens to anyone else?

Thanks!
~Millie~
I'm not that kind of girl ;)
Millie

Re: Login

Postby wickersham » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:55 pm

I think its tied to the db upgrade that took place last Friday night for the site. I also noticed with IE 7.0 only - Firefox keeps me logged in. I am investigating.

Have you tried "Delete all board" cookies down at the bottom and then signing again with the checkbox to remember you?
אוי אל רשע! זה יהיה חולה איתו: עבור גמול של ידיו תינתן לו.
wickersham

Postby Millie » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:01 pm

OK, I deleted board cookies, went to another url, came back and I still exist :roll:
thanks!
~Millie~
Millie

Postby wickersham » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Millie wrote:OK, I deleted board cookies, went to another url, came back and I still exist :roll:
thanks!

Please keep an eye on it for me and let me know what happens. IE 7.0 will usually remember me for 2-6 hours then I must log in again.

Funny thing is, its keeping my style cookie (text size, modified style, etc) but the login cookies are vanishing for no reason.

The cookie name is phpbb3_941autl for those of you who technically inclined and want to dig deeper.

I have been logged into the site with Firefox successfully since the weekend (I installed as part of my testing - other than keeping the cookies I also noticed it is much faster).

So in a nutshell, for me, IE 7.0 is remembering the style cookie, but losing the login cookie after various periods of time (2 hrs, 4hrs, etc.).

matty has reported same login issue with IE 8.0, kraigster has too with Firefox. It does not appear to be consistent with just version of browser among different people.

What browser are you running Millie?
wickersham

Postby Millie » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:21 pm

I'm running IE7. I had no problems at all for the longest time, then it started somewhere around the time of DST and/or removal of the gun part of the title bar. I know I deleted board cookies once before but didn't notice a change right away, I'm not always that observant. It also doesn't always remember to mark forums read, little things like that. I hate to dump all my computer cookies and REALLY hate digging thru them one at a time (although I betcha I can get the BF to do it :geek: ) as there are some cookies that I count on for my waning memory.

I'll keep an eye on it and see what's going on. Just for kicks and giggles I changed the style to the blue one today. Have always just used the default red, it rocks!
~Millie~
Millie

Postby Millie » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:41 pm

Surfed a while, closed browser windows, ran errands, came back, it forgot me again. AND I got flipped off on CD! :o

All in all, a typical day in Millie-Land!
~Millie~
Millie

Postby mattyj513 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:08 pm

You don't have to worry about those shenanigans here Millie.
"You cannot put a rope around the neck of an idea.
You cannot put an idea against a barrack wall and riddle it with bullets.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Postby wickersham » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:11 pm

matty, is your auto-login still messed up as well?
wickersham

Postby mattyj513 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:33 pm

I've still had no problems on my phone, on my home computer its the same as yours...I stay logged in for a few hours at a time, then need to log in again upon returning. I've tried clearing all the cookies via the link on the board and through my file explorer with no changes.
"You cannot put a rope around the neck of an idea.
You cannot put an idea against a barrack wall and riddle it with bullets.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Postby Millie » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:54 am

mattyj513 wrote:You don't have to worry about those shenanigans here Millie.

Don't be fooled, I'm pretty sure I had it coming...he was really driving me nuts! And I've been known to have a mouth that would embarrass a drunken truck-drivin sailor :shock:

Had to login again this a.m. It's really no big deal, it's just that I noticed the change in procedure and thought I'd see if it was my machine or if others had it, too.

Matty, nice avatar!
~Millie~
Millie

Next

Return to Suggestions & Feedback