Text Size

Political Discussion

Help out the FDNY

Keeping it lively is fine, but remain respectful. Discussing this (and religion) has been known to cause problems, so enter at your own peril.

Help out the FDNY

Postby mattyj513 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:39 am

Greetings members....I am employed as a fireman for the FDNY, and our department is currently involved in drastic law suits, hiring freezes, and "reverse discrimination". Essentially, the government is trying to impose racial and gender based quotas for the sole sake of having the members of the FDNY represent the melting pot of NYC. Minorities and females are being given positions above others who scored better and performed better during training. I am not opposed to working with minorities or women, but only want to make sure that the member behind or in front of me can perform his duties to the fullest, as it may be me or someone I know who needs to be rescued. Please take two minutes to read this and sign a petition to ensure the safety of FDNY members and the civilian population of NYC. Thanks in advance, on behalf of myself, the FDNY, and the people of NYC.

-Matt

I went to a 'Meritmatters' meeting last night and the attorneys representing the merit system (as opposed to race based quotas) were present. They said that only about 10% of active FDNY members had signed this petition and stressed the importance of obtaining as many signatures as possible. This petition can be signed by any concerned citizen as well as current and retired FDNY members. If you have not already signed this petition, please do, and forward it to as many like minded (or should I say fair minded) people as possible. The future of the FDNY and the civil service MERIT SYSTEM is at stake.

PS: For those of you who are unaware.... a federal judge has forbidden the FDNY from hiring new FF's unless a racial quota is instituted. This case will more than likely end up in the appellate court, and possibly the US Supreme Court. There were members of the New Haven, Conn. and other FD's who have been hit with court ordered QUOTAS, present at last nights meeting. It's time to TAKE A STAND and tell the world that 'MERIT MATTERS'.
Go to http://www.meritmattersusa.blogspot.com to keep informed....and remember that 'equal opportunity doesn't mean guaranteed results

The petition can be found at the following website.

http://www.sullivangalleshaw.com/fdny.html

Please sign the petition ASAP as time is critical. Forward it to your friends too.
"You cannot put a rope around the neck of an idea.
You cannot put an idea against a barrack wall and riddle it with bullets.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Re: Help out the FDNY

Postby boscoman » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:24 pm

I have forwarded this on to all the firefighters & medics that I work with. Good luck, because with the current Administration you are going to have a tough time beating this. I have lived through this BS for 25 years now. It isn't very pleasant.
Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Re: Help out the FDNY

Postby mattyj513 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:18 pm

thanks bosco...yeah I know the deal, Ive seen it already before; at this point its a matter of maintaining as much as we can, but its an uphill battle.
"You cannot put a rope around the neck of an idea.
You cannot put an idea against a barrack wall and riddle it with bullets.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Return to Political Discussion