Text Size

Political Discussion

New York Gun Drama

Keeping it lively is fine, but remain respectful. Discussing this (and religion) has been known to cause problems, so enter at your own peril.

New York Gun Drama

Postby mattyj513 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:11 pm

I think I might be the only New Yorker here, but these issues apply to us all. 5 different gun stores in Nassau and Suffolk County (Long Island) have owners and or employees that were recently arrested for selling "illegal assault weapons". Not full auto weapons, not guns with no serial numbers, etc., but it seems all the arrests were involving sales of collapsible/folding stocks, bayonet lugs, threaded barrels. I personally frequent each of these gun shops and can vouch for them all as regards only selling to legally able people with proper permits and credentials. One shop, Coliseum Gun Trader, I know the owner personally for many years, and he refused to allow me to handle an FN 5.7 once because I did not have my permit on me. "Rules is rules". Should these gun shops lose their FFLs and close their doors, there will only be 3 or 4 gun shops left in NYC and Long Island. In the wake of the Arizona shooting, the attempts at stricter gun control are starting up in New York. Keep everyone updated on any goings on in your local areas.

http://wantagh.patch.com/articles/seafo ... lt-weapons
"You cannot put a rope around the neck of an idea.
You cannot put an idea against a barrack wall and riddle it with bullets.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Re: New York Gun Drama

Postby boscoman » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:45 am

Ah the joys of Blumeberg & places like NY, NJ, MD, & CA. The anti gunners are taking full advantage of recent tragedy in Arizona. Much more to come I fear.
Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Postby ahesse1488 » Thu May 26, 2011 2:09 pm

A very important perspective missing here on the issue is the dramatic tone and political drive of the district attorney Kathy Rice who issued the investigation. She called these weapons (i.e. AR-15 with a stock that adjusts 6 inches in the horizontal) "FULL FLEDGED ASSAULT WEAPONS" in her statement and patted her self of the back for increasing public safety(?) by "Keeping these guns off the STREETS". Right kathy, thank you for making long island a much safer place, FOR THE CRIMINALS. Off the streets? seriously? Shes manipulating the non-gun savvy residents of long island that might catch a quick frame of her on the news--using such key words as streets, assault weapons, public safety, etc heard by people who know nothing about guns sounds great. not to mention, it seems she had to make it come across as such because if she actually stated "I used $80k of your tax payer dollars to fund an investigation that may potentially put local middle class business owners in jail for explaining to under cover officers that the stocks can be made adjustable, but that in doing so makes the rifle illegal" the public would not be very thrilled :-/ and lets not forget about the obligatory "perp walk" (for lack of a better term) of the guns laid out on the table as the camera pans back and forth. Again, what does a non gun enthusiast see? A table full of black rifles and the nostalgia of their favorite action hero and former California state Governor, Ah-nawld schwarzenegger blowing through armies of rivals with only a single 30rnd magazine and videos of commandos and soldiers at war on the news....if only they knew the rifles were neutered semi autos with 10rnd mags ::sigh::
p.s. the criminals on long island use .22's n some 9's (the cheap stuff) i assure to all long ilsand residents and any other concerned citizens of the united states that crack dealers and gangbangers DO NOT buy $1500 rifles to "pop" some1 and chuck in in a dumpster or river.
ahesse1488

Postby wickersham » Thu May 26, 2011 6:36 pm

the term "assault weapon" is stupid. A single shot .22, knife, club, vehicle, or even a pen (ask Joe Pesci in Goodfellas) instantly becomes and assault weapon technically speaking if it is used during an assault.... mag capacity, stock length, bayonet lug, etc. has nothing to do with it if you ask me.
אוי אל רשע! זה יהיה חולה איתו: עבור גמול של ידיו תינתן לו.
wickersham

Postby boscoman » Fri May 27, 2011 2:10 pm

It has absolutely nothing to do with it, but liberals love to scare the sheeple with these terms & the big bad accessories that our evil weapons come with.
Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Return to Political Discussion