Text Size

General Discussion

The Day America Changed...

Non-gun related stuff such as everyday life and other topics that do not fall into a specifically defined category.

The Day America Changed...

Postby rat907 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:26 am

I was working all night restocking a Fred Meyer Branch store in Anchorage, Ak. It was getting close to quit time and the music on a radio played in the background as we busily gathered the rest of the stock for storage as opening time drew near.

I remember the funny man, you know the type, always joking and making you crack up even if you were too tired to laugh. I was dragging a pallet truck behind me loaded 8 foot high with hardware items and had 5 waiting on my return. The funny man was like a statue, frozen in front of the radio, wide eyed and quiet as a shakey voiced DJ was trying to report news as it was trickling in. One by one as a stock crew that came with-in ear shot of the sound was drawn to the radio like a magnet and we all huddled around. The stock foreman came out of the back hollering about the the time and quickly stopped dead in his tracks as if he were a deer caught in the headlights when the news reached his ears.

Yup, I remember that day, I remember the feelings boiling inside. And I remember spending a good portion of my day, that I normally slept for the next nights work on the computer, trying to get all the information about the WTC.

Just another clown with guns™
אני תומך בישראל ואנשים שלה

In War: Victory, In Peace: Diligence, In Death: Sacrifice

rat907

Return to General Discussion