Text Size
Board index Ammo Bunker Reloading

Reloading

Jericho .40 reloading

For those that like to roll their own.

Jericho .40 reloading

Postby jrs212 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Does anyone out there reload .40 S&W for a Jericho? I reload for an S&W MP40 and I am hoping that the Jericho shouldn't be much different.
jrs212

Re: Jericho .40 reloading

Postby wickersham » Fri May 14, 2010 12:22 pm

I don't reload, but .40 is .40 - you should be okay.
אוי אל רשע! זה יהיה חולה איתו: עבור גמול של ידיו תינתן לו.
wickersham

Postby Sgt45 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:26 am

I have a Jericho, XD .40, HK USP .40, and reloads are all the same. Load for desired effect, not the gun. That would be range ammo, or SD carry ammo (unless you insist on using only factory for carry). For me, I find that using the hottest, biggest bang ammo only beats up the gun and me, so I prefer to use something not as violent for practice and carry, but I have bad wrists and recoil can ruin my day. I'd prefer to be able to shoot a second or third round rather than falling on my knees in pain from the recoil of a really "hot" load.
Sgt45

Postby jrs212 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:09 pm

Sgt45 wrote:I have a Jericho, XD .40, HK USP .40, and reloads are all the same. Load for desired effect, not the gun. That would be range ammo, or SD carry ammo (unless you insist on using only factory for carry). For me, I find that using the hottest, biggest bang ammo only beats up the gun and me, so I prefer to use something not as violent for practice and carry, but I have bad wrists and recoil can ruin my day. I'd prefer to be able to shoot a second or third round rather than falling on my knees in pain from the recoil of a really "hot" load.

I'm with you. My hands and wrists don't like the big recoil loads much anymore. Most of my reloads are mid range or less.
jrs212

Postby ljmeltzer » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:26 pm

Hello, Well.. I finally starting reloading using my Dillon 550b, they worked great in my glock 23, however, my Jericho 941B would'nt even chamber. I was really mad at that moment due to the fact I was in a training class for defensive weapons. I'm being told I should buy a "factory", crimp die. I don't understand that!! Isn't the dillon dies a factory die?? Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thank you Larry
ljmeltzer

Postby mattyj513 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:32 pm

cant help you with dillon products, but I have been using lee, with the factory crimp, no problems at all. I use the Berry 180 gr fp, OAL 1.125, over 6.0 gr of Power Pistol, works like a charm. Mid range load, I use it for practice, and if it was my primary I would use it for defense as well.
"You cannot put a rope around the neck of an idea.
You cannot put an idea against a barrack wall and riddle it with bullets.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Return to Reloading