Text Size

SHTF & TEOTWAWKI

Are you ready?

Apocalyptic scenarios, survivalsim, zombie attacks.

Re: Are you ready?

Postby jackoctober » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:12 am

I think rigor mortis and joint/musculature degeneration of the walking dead would keep them the walking dead, or the stationary dead. Like the kind that would fall down and need Life Alert.

Or they could be like the Return of the Living dead zombies that are basically demonic David Blaines, those can talk, run, and make snappy comebacks.

Come to think of it I hated that movie.

What were we talking about?
Various hats, various Russian style rifles.
jackoctober

Postby L5K » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:26 am

Totally going to be runners. Rigor mortis only lasts a few hours before the body loosens up. Also, physics, chemistry and biology dictate that there can be no motion of any muscles of the body without energy and water. No blood flow means no movement. The zombies would have at their disposal anything the human they used to be could have done. They would lack only brain power to make decisions and think rationally. The brain cannot function at all without bloodflow. Even without any pain response, broken bones do not support weight, torn ligaments do no operate limbs, and damaged muscles do not contract. Injured zombies will be impaired. The only way for zombies to be possible, will be of the running variety. How long they will be able to run will be determined by the resources available within the body. Zombies don't drink or eat (per se), therefore, once they have used all of the energy available in the body they will die.
"It is a mistake to suppose that all men want to be free. On the contrary, if freedom entails responsibility, many of them want none of it." -Theodore Darymple
L5K

Postby jackoctober » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:39 pm

No way man, no way. Zombies almost always shows some sort of clear flesh degeneration. They may start out slow and become fast, but I don't think they would stay runners for long before their bodies would start to seize up. Plus I don't think they would have the coordination for running like they do in movies like the Dawn remake. They ran like perfect track stars, running really fast like that takes some sort of strength and coordination that would be robbed of lack of a properly functioning brain and lack of fully usable limbs.

Don't you read your zombie bible?
Various hats, various Russian style rifles.
jackoctober

Postby ahesse1488 » Sat May 22, 2010 9:37 pm

L5K wrote:The hardest part of surviving the zombie apocalypse will be pretending it's not awesome.

Touche sir
ahesse1488

Postby mattyj513 » Sun May 23, 2010 1:59 pm

I know a scientist who planned on experimenting with rabies to produce a zombie outbreak. For all intensive purposes a suped up rabies could create fast, fairly well coordinated zombie-esque results. That guy has yet to test these theories; he is also a member of this forum, although he isn't prepared for a zombie outbreak as he lacks a jericho.
"You cannot put a rope around the neck of an idea.
You cannot put an idea against a barrack wall and riddle it with bullets.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Postby wickersham » Wed May 26, 2010 10:01 am

mattyj513 wrote:I know a scientist who planned on experimenting with rabies to produce a zombie outbreak. For all intensive purposes a suped up rabies could create fast, fairly well coordinated zombie-esque results. That guy has yet to test these theories; he is also a member of this forum, although he isn't prepared for a zombie outbreak as he lacks a jericho.

:lol:

If you have the right tools, who needs cardio? just remember the double-tap.
אוי אל רשע! זה יהיה חולה איתו: עבור גמול של ידיו תינתן לו.
wickersham

Postby milatchi » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:28 pm

RAVEN wrote:I deal with Zombies on a Daily Basis.
Brain dead and just moving without a thought in their heads :lol: . Be Aware ...The Zombies Are Everywhere
-RAVEN-

As one who works at a large financial institution I know exaclty what you mean. :(
milatchi

Previous

Return to SHTF & TEOTWAWKI