Text Size

Magnum Research 1911 - Anyone?

Magnum Research 1911 - Anyone?

Postby ADV » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:28 am

Well, it's Israeli made, anyone interested? A gunsmith I know saw it recently at a show and said it was "tight" and he's very particular about his 1911's.

Desert Eagle 1911.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'Man Is Born Free, And Everywhere He Is In Chains' - Rousseau
ADV

Re: Magnum Research 1911 - Anyone?

Postby wickersham » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:04 am

If I am not mistaken, this is the same gun as the BUL M5 rebranded by Magnum Research.

http://bultransmark.net/BULM5.htm
אוי אל רשע! זה יהיה חולה איתו: עבור גמול של ידיו תינתן לו.
wickersham

Postby mattyj513 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:44 pm

afraid i cant support magnum research after their shady dealings with bul... i had every intention of getting the g4, looks like ill have to keep waiting.
"You cannot put a rope around the neck of an idea.
You cannot put an idea against a barrack wall and riddle it with bullets.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Postby jw380 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:52 pm

I'm with you mattyj513, The lack of integrity shown by Bul and MR will prevent me from ever buying one of their guns, new at least. I might eventually buy used as neither firm would make a penny off that purchase. Not really sure as right now I detest both companies.

The gun in the picture should be the G4 made for CD, not the M5. They did add striations to the front of the slide though. Not sure if any other minor changes were made.
Gun control violates the Declaration of Independance as it prohbits my pursuit of happiness.

The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword guarantees ownership of the pen.
jw380

Postby FI-Cobra » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:29 pm

jw380 wrote:I'm with you mattyj513, The lack of integrity shown by Bul and MR will prevent me from ever buying one of their guns, new at least. I might eventually buy used as neither firm would make a penny off that purchase. Not really sure as right now I detest both companies.

MR newbie here. What is the story behind the companies lack of integrity?
Vic Mackey: Hi. I'm detective Vic Mackey.
Cop: These your men?
Vic Mackey: It depends. What did they do?
FI-Cobra

Postby jw380 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:37 pm

Fi-Cobra, to try and make a long story short in order to answer your question: MR stole a 1911 pistol series that was based on specs put together by CD, with end-user input from their forum members. The pistol was to be manufactured by Bul in Israel and imported by CD. MR did not do the research, determine the specifications, or make repeated trips to Israel to ensure the gun being produced was correct. After CD was done with the hard work, and the gun was ready to go to production, MR stepped in and negotiated a deal with Bul to take the line, with one or two very minor cosmetic changes. MR and Bul demonstrated a complete lack of integrity in doing what they did. This dishonesty, in my opinion, was probably a significant contributor in CD/KBI having to close their doors. The investment in operating capital was probably too high to absorb with another company directly competing in the exact same market with basically the exact same gun made by the same manufacturer. Hope that answers your question. More can be found over at the CD forum as to what went wrong.
Gun control violates the Declaration of Independance as it prohbits my pursuit of happiness.

The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword guarantees ownership of the pen.
jw380

Postby FI-Cobra » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:46 pm

Wow what a dirty way of doing business. Thank you for the background story.
Vic Mackey: Hi. I'm detective Vic Mackey.
Cop: These your men?
Vic Mackey: It depends. What did they do?
FI-Cobra

Postby jw380 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:11 am

No sweat, happy to help...especially when it lets people know about the dishonest businesses that are out there.

jw380

Postby mavman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:23 am

jw380 wrote:Fi-Cobra, to try and make a long story short in order to answer your question: MR stole a 1911 pistol series that was based on specs put together by CD, with end-user input from their forum members. The pistol was to be manufactured by Bul in Israel and imported by CD. MR did not do the research, determine the specifications, or make repeated trips to Israel to ensure the gun being produced was correct. After CD was done with the hard work, and the gun was ready to go to production, MR stepped in and negotiated a deal with Bul to take the line, with one or two very minor cosmetic changes. MR and Bul demonstrated a complete lack of integrity in doing what they did. This dishonesty, in my opinion, was probably a significant contributor in CD/KBI having to close their doors. The investment in operating capital was probably too high to absorb with another company directly competing in the exact same market with basically the exact same gun made by the same manufacturer. Hope that answers your question. More can be found over at the CD forum as to what went wrong.

That is BS! Thanks for the story i didn't know either!

Thanks,
Safe Shooting
~Maverick~
mavman

Postby jackoctober » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:12 pm

I honestly scoffed hardcore when I heard about these, I hate that the Desert Eagle is being used as a brand on every single thing they sell. If I had the cash I'd just get a Dan Wesson pointman.

Also, that story kind of reminds me of how the Jericho was rebranded as the Uzi Eagle, if I'm not mistaken is was Charles Daly that named the gun Jericho in the first place, right?
Various hats, various Russian style rifles.
jackoctober

Next

Return to 1911