Text Size

Caliber Wars

Sell me on 9mm...

Keep the "which is better" arguments in here.

Sell me on 9mm...

Postby DangerousFat » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:11 pm

I have no logical hatred of 9mm or even .40 S&W, but man I love .45 ACP. To be honest, I have no logical reason to love .45 ACP so much either. I've always shot it, my dad loves it, America loves it... and that's good enough for me. lol Anyway, I want a Jericho so badly I can taste it, but I want one in .45 ACP at a reasonable price. It seems less and less likely to happen every day, but there are about 50+ in 9mm available at any given time and it seems for every one that disappears, two more take its place.

Anyway, someone sell me on 9mm so I can get me a Jericho. lol You're also welcome to sell me your Jericho in .45 ACP, I promise I'll take care of it. :)

Thanks guys,
DF
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
- James Madison
DangerousFat

Re: Sell me on 9mm...

Postby mattyj513 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:19 pm

While it is far less powerful and manly than the 45acp, the 9mm is smaller and weighs less, so your chances of breaking a nail while loading and of pulling a muscle when carrying a box of ammo are greatly reduced. 45ACP REPRESENT!
"You cannot put a rope around the neck of an idea.
You cannot put an idea against a barrack wall and riddle it with bullets.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Postby ADV » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:57 pm

The Jericho 9mm is accurate as anything,follow up shots are quick and you can get some hot +p rounds for it for carry/self defense.
Even seen some Black Talons on the market now for $25 a box. Apparently bad guys faint when they get within 100 yds of the talons.

While maybe less manly, the 9mm will arrive at it's target a day before the 45ACP round.
'Man Is Born Free, And Everywhere He Is In Chains' - Rousseau
ADV

Postby mattyj513 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:21 pm

Touche, but I don't think anyone would be dodging either from a reasonable distance. From your posts I think we have a common interest in the 357 Sig. Hopefully we can compare Jericho 357 results one day.
"You cannot put a rope around the neck of an idea.
You cannot put an idea against a barrack wall and riddle it with bullets.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Postby DangerousFat » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:34 pm

Would that require a .40 S&W Jericho and a CZ .357 Sig barrel swap-out and whatnot then?
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
- James Madison
DangerousFat

Postby ADV » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:41 pm

DangerousFat wrote:Would that require a .40 S&W Jericho and a CZ .357 Sig barrel swap-out and whatnot then?

EAA have 357 barrels that will fit the full size 40 Jericho. In theory I believe (though may well be corrected) that it's just a drop in.
ADV

Postby ADV » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:54 pm

ADV

Postby ADV » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:08 am

ADV

Postby wickersham » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:06 am

DangerousFat wrote:I have no logical hatred of 9mm or even .40 S&W, but man I love .45 ACP. To be honest, I have no logical reason to love .45 ACP so much either. I've always shot it, my dad loves it, America loves it... and that's good enough for me. lol Anyway, I want a Jericho so badly I can taste it, but I want one in .45 ACP at a reasonable price. It seems less and less likely to happen every day, but there are about 50+ in 9mm available at any given time and it seems for every one that disappears, two more take its place.

Anyway, someone sell me on 9mm so I can get me a Jericho. lol You're also welcome to sell me your Jericho in .45 ACP, I promise I'll take care of it. :)

Thanks guys,
DF

Well, I beleive those who demand ".45 or nothing" are basically compensating for something. :lol:

Seriously though, I have been through all the major handgun calibers over the years yet have come full circle back to 9mm. I beleive the cartridge is capable of doing everything ones needs it to when it comes to two-legged assailants (animal defense is a whole other topic and .45 won't help there either). With the exception of the US, 9mm is pretty much the defacto standard for pistol caliber across the world.

Not that you believe this Dfat, but a common misconception is that the .45 is so powerful, so manly, that if you can just graze your opponent with this magic bullet you will win, or if you hit center of mass he will be knocked off his feet and blown backward, while the 9mm requires you empty multiple mags before he goes down(ok, a little dramatic maybe).

Nothing at all wrong with the .45 though, and I can shoot it just as good as 9mm, so my reasoning for liking 9mm is this - higher capacity, less weight, half as expensive, easier to find, and lots of truly "compact" platforms to choose from.
אוי אל רשע! זה יהיה חולה איתו: עבור גמול של ידיו תינתן לו.
wickersham

Postby DangerousFat » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:14 pm

ADV wrote:http://www.gunsamerica.com/941098564/Guns/Pistols/Desert-Eagle-IMI-Pistols/Baby-Eagle/Full_Size_Baby_Eagle_45ACP_2_magazines.htm

Used BE in 45ACP

Item sold pending final confirmation from the seller, been that way for a while. I've already seen that one. lol Nearly choked at the price. Of course someone else beat me to it. Thanks for the heads up though.
- James Madison
DangerousFat

Next

Return to Caliber Wars