Text Size

Jericho

Jericho Extracting Issues

IWI's famous pistol. Has been imported to the US by Charles Daly/KBI, Magnum Research, and Mossberg under various names.

Re: Jericho Extracting Issues

Postby ApolloX10 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:31 pm

Thanks mattyj513, as always you are really helpful. Me and the gf's dad are just getting into making our own reloads. 9mm for my jericho and hi-power, 40s for his glock 22, and 380s for my gf's sig 232. I'm hoping that the hotter loads will help with cycling with the DPM system. as I said before that seemed to fair a lot better than the lighter stuff, of course I only ran about 100 rounds of hot stuff with the DPM so I still need to test it out a little more. As for the slide stop/catch, do you know a good place to order some replacement parts? I run a lot of rounds through mine as well, as it is my primary pistol (the hi-power I like to keep in the safe more often, just because of it's age/ sentimental worth) so I think I may be wearing it down as well. I've looked online at magnum research and zahal and can't seem to find much.
ApolloX10

Postby mattyj513 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:44 pm

e-gunparts.com has some Jericho parts, and some EAA Witness and CZ75 parts are interchangeable as well. http://henningshootsguns.com/ has some Witness parts that will fit. The hotter loads may help, be careful going too hot though. Don't want to KaBoom your baby!
"You cannot put a rope around the neck of an idea.
You cannot put an idea against a barrack wall and riddle it with bullets.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Postby ApolloX10 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:41 pm

Haha, yea I've only run a few +p rounds through her, it was alright, most of the hot stuff I've run was european stuff. I figure if it ran alright with the +p loads the NATO spec rounds would be alright. I'll let you guys know in a couple of weeks how it goes with the NATO rounds. Thanks for the link, I'm looking at replacing the extractor claw, the slide catch, and sights.
ApolloX10

Postby Joystyx » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:34 am

Had a few problem during break-in. Changed the rod and spring :I took the DPM model. it is very similar as what you can find on Glock gen 4 but of a better quality. Cocking is crisper.
Gun runs flawless since.
Joystyx

Postby ApolloX10 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:56 pm

Hey Mattyj513, had a scary moment running the winchester bonded pdx +p's, but luckily did not kaboom my baby. The NATO loads went just fine, I think the hotter load helped a bit, had a couple of weak ejections/stove pipes. But other wise eh, I'll chalk it up to a decent range session. Shot a tad lower than usual but still within the 8-9 ring groupings low right. Just couldn't bring myself to drill out the centers, guess I took too much time off the range :-/ Looked at some of the parts from henning's, thanks for the link, was wondering, do you know if the eaa slide stop/catch and extractor claws are interchangable, or the extended mag release?
ApolloX10

Postby mattyj513 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:39 pm

I don't want to be responsible for a mispurchase, but from what I have gleaned the slide stops are interchangeable. I am unsure about the extractor claws and extended mag release, but if Henning sells it he would be able to tell you whether it would fit. Original Jerichos (and allegedly those used by the IDF today) were/are rated for +P ammo. Many feel that the disclaimer was just American importers covering their asses. These guns can definitely take a beating, but I understand a flinch from the first round of +P.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Postby ApolloX10 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:40 pm

thanks again matty, I'll shoot henning an email, also what kind of punch did you use on the pin for the extractor, I've tried using a couple of my pin punches, with no success, I haven't tried any tipped punches yet, should I switch over to a center or prick punch?
ApolloX10

Postby ApolloX10 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:07 pm

disregard, got it out, unfortunately pushed it out a little too far and it fell out... woops, but my lord, the channel was beyond filthy. Thanks for the advice!
ApolloX10

Postby Nomad » Mon May 21, 2012 2:06 am

so.. im sry, this probly isnt the place. but im having a slight issue with my pistol and cant for the life of me figure out how to start a new thread for it.. Facepalm**
Nomad

Postby mattyj513 » Mon May 21, 2012 6:06 pm

go into the tech room from the main page and click new topic right above where the topics are listed. :)

- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Jericho