Text Size

Jericho

issues with new imports of jericho

IWI's famous pistol. Has been imported to the US by Charles Daly/KBI, Magnum Research, and Mossberg under various names.

issues with new imports of jericho

Postby josie1 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:15 pm

i recently purchased two new baby eagles a 45 and a 9mm. I also have two old jericho 941 in 9mm, imported by desert eagle and a 45 jericho, imported by kbi. these new guns both shoot 5 inches low and do not shoot near as tight of groups as my old guns. after looking at front sights on new guns and comparing to old ones it looks like new dovetails in slide are not cut as deep, witch raises front sight causing me to shoot low. but that still doesnt solve bad groups. is anyone else having these issues with the new guns? do these new guns have poly rifling? its very frustating to buy new guns and they dont perform as expected. I love my old guns and wouldn't sell for anything these new ones im about ready to give away.
josie1

Re: issues with new imports of jericho

Postby mattyj513 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:49 pm

Depending on how old your old ones are,they may have completely different rear sights than the newer ones, thus changing your sight picture. I cannot give any definitive cause to your issue, as both of my Jerichos are newer models, but the different sights may need a different sight picture. As far as the tightness of your groups, are they off when going for bulls and adjusting for low point of impact, or are they just scattered in general?
"You cannot put a rope around the neck of an idea.
You cannot put an idea against a barrack wall and riddle it with bullets.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Postby hoffo » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:35 pm

I got one of the new Magnum Research import BEIIs as soon as they were available back around May/June of last year. My gun is a full size steel 9mm and it groups very tight and the sights are dead on. I did however have feeding issues, the safety dot (safety off indicator) that is supposed to be painted red wasn't, and the large roll pin in the frame above the trigger started to walk out. I polished the feed ramp and smoothed out the breech face which fixed my feeding issues. I painted the safety dot red with red Testors model enamel. After fixing all that the trigger group roll pin started walking out (after 700 rounds). I've put that back in and secured it with some super glue on both sides of the pin. Anyway, I may have got a bit of a lemon but I think I finally have everything sorted with this gun. Based on what I have seen I'd say the newer BEII models have higher incidences of problems than the older original IMI stamped Jerichos. I remember reading on the Charles Daly/KBI forum (before they went out of business) about issues such as sights being off, feeding problems, etc. Seems that quality has gone down and it's much more hit or miss since the switch to IWI and the BEII model. Yes the new guns are polygonal rifled.
hoffo

Postby boscoman » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:11 am

For what it is worth, I have a poly 40 that is an older version & it to shoots low. It has tight groups but with both the stock & Meprolight sights it has been consistently low by about 4 to 5 inches. A bit aggravating to say the least.
Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Postby josie1 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:26 pm

do these barrels have to break in? only have 200 rounds though each. old ones shoot 3 inch group from 20 yards resting on bench. new ones shoot 8 inch group with center being 5 inches low. more left to right than up or down maybe 8 inches left to right and 4 up and down. had dad and brother shoot all five guns and didnt tell them i cant shoot new ones until afterwards. they had same results, every time they picked up new guns they were pissed because they werent consistent and always low. they would get frustated after a clip then grab an old gun and shoot. brother only shot new ones one clip each and never touched them again. enough for him. dad kept grabbing them and trying a couple rounds thinking it was him but same thing every time. after we were done i told them i would sell them the new ones and no takers but they wanted one of the other three.
josie1

Postby hoffo » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:45 pm

Unlikely on the break in. Mine shot dead accurate since day 1 with no break in.
hoffo

Postby boscoman » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:35 am

I've never had a handgun that needed "break in".
Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Return to Jericho