Text Size

Jericho

disassembling very VERY difficult.

IWI's famous pistol. Has been imported to the US by Charles Daly/KBI, Magnum Research, and Mossberg under various names.

disassembling very VERY difficult.

Postby beagley » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:29 pm

anyone else have issues taking their brand new (one day old) jericho apart? i cannot for the life of me push the slide release pin out. its way way too tight. in general, the gun feels way too tight. compared to my fnpx9 this thing is twice as hard to rack, a good three times as difficult to slide release.

any advice?

p.s. it's compact polymer
beagley

Re: disassembling very VERY difficult.

Postby hal1955 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:32 am

Line up the dot on the rear of the slide with the dot on the frame. Tap lightly with a small hammer.
hal1955

Postby beagley » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:44 am

ill try, im just super nervous with a polymer frame. i got it open FINALLY last night. i'm worried it might be due to lack of lubrication. it's sat in a box for 9 months before i got my hands on it.
beagley

Postby scriptguru » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:43 pm

For few first times my Jericho was hard to disassemble too. The more I do that, the easier it is to do. First few times I helped myself with small piece of wood, now I can do it with bare hands. Just make sure you don't smack it with metal hammer ;) Wood or plastic "tools" won't do any bad to the finish and won't break anything.
scriptguru

Postby juggernaut » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:33 am

mine was very tight to begin with too, i just used the base of a mag to push the slide release out. now after a while it can be done just by pushing with fingers.
juggernaut

Postby warbird1 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:16 pm

Everything just needs to wear in.
warbird1

Postby boscoman » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:45 pm

Be happy the pin is tight. Nothing worse than having that pin work its way out while shooting. Man the slide & barrel can make some distance. :>(
Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Return to Jericho