Text Size

Jericho

New Jericho (Baby Desert Eagle II)

IWI's famous pistol. Has been imported to the US by Charles Daly/KBI, Magnum Research, and Mossberg under various names.

New Jericho (Baby Desert Eagle II)

Postby Daniel71 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:13 pm

I was at a gun show last week and bought a semi-compact (short slide) steel Baby Eagle II. My daughter and I took it to the range yesterday and fired it. The DA trigger pull is definitely not as smooth or light as the trigger pull on her Sig 239, but it is fine for me. I could not tell the difference between the SA trigger pulls of the two pistols. In short, I'm very happy with the pistol and will probably buy a polymer version for concealed carry and for my younger daughter to try.

Before I purchased the pistol I walked around the entire hall and saw only 5 Jerichos for sale. I asked the dealers, and they said everything they had was already on the table. Of the five, 1 was a polymer full-size and the others were all semi-compact - 2 steel and 2 polymer. No compact pistols were available - one dealer said he had never seen one except in pictures.
Daniel71

Re: New Jericho (Baby Desert Eagle II)

Postby boscoman » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:45 pm

Interesting. I haven't been to a show in a while, but at least up to last year here in VA I would see the compact polys on a regular basis. Will have to hit the next show & see if there is a"shortage".
Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Postby Daniel71 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:50 pm

I just checked on Bud's Gun Shop web site and found that every version is available except the compact - both the steel and polymer compact versions are out of stock. Also, I found the prices are lower than I paid at the gun show (I don't know what additional charges there are from the local dealer. The web page said shipping is free.)

Anyway, I expect I will purchase a polymer version as my next gun acquisition.
Daniel71

Postby warbird1 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:46 pm

I sold my Jericho 941 compact last year. Bought a new Baby Eagle full size 40 (steel) this past July. Put the Hogue grips on it. Great pistol. Bought it new at my local pawnshop.
warbird1

Return to Jericho