Text Size

Jericho

941 lack of chamber support ?

IWI's famous pistol. Has been imported to the US by Charles Daly/KBI, Magnum Research, and Mossberg under various names.

941 lack of chamber support ?

Postby casper » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:16 pm

I have a full size, steel model in .40 cal,
I noticed the lack of cartridge support at the feed ramp, in the chamber.
Is this a problem ? For reloads ?
The reason I ask, is because I had a cartridge blow out the bottom, at the feed ramp.
It also looks like the round fired before the cartridge was all the way in the chamber.

Is anybody else ever had this problem ?
The first pic is the case that blew, the second pic is a fired case in the chamber.
casper

Re: 941 lack of chamber support ?

Postby casper » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:07 pm

Nobody else has a problem with this ?
People talk about glocks going kaboom, but the Jericho has allot less chamber support than the glock does.
casper

Postby johnbrown » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:44 am

*KABOOM*s are almost always related to overloaded (too much power) cartridges or casings that are weak from being reloaded too many times (or a combination of both).

The "unsupported chamber" myth is just that - a myth. It's something the Glock haters came up with instead of placing the blame where it actually belonged. *KABOOM*s happen on all makes and models, but Glock has the numbers, so - naturally - there are more of them to shoot bad reloads out of.

. . and as the Glock haters keep pounding the myth into our collective faces, some new folks assume that "unsupported chambers" are "bad things", which they are not.

As long as you keep your reloads within spec, and keep track of how many times you've reloaded each case (and turning the "high mileage" cases into dummy rounds or jewelry at the end of their service life), you should be fine :)
johnbrown

Postby warbird1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:07 pm

Or just use factory ammo as I do...no problems.
warbird1

Postby tcruse » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:43 pm

Having been shooting a lot of reloads recently, I found signs of over pressure in the form of bulged cases on some loads that should have been in the "normal range". The same loads shot with a Glock 17 Gen 4 show no signs of case bulge. So, yes my Baby Eagle, does not have the same level of chamber support as a Glock, but of course, the Glock is related for +p loads and the Baby Eagle is not. Not a real problem but something to keep in mind when selecting ammo.
tcruse

Return to Jericho