Text Size

Jericho

barrel swap now have feed issues

IWI's famous pistol. Has been imported to the US by Charles Daly/KBI, Magnum Research, and Mossberg under various names.

barrel swap now have feed issues

Postby rycres » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:38 pm

I have a 941 in 40 but just got a conversion threaded barrel in 9mm. Everything works great except when I slide in my promag 9mm mag into the gun the bottom of the slide pushes down on the top round. When I use the slide release it jams the round almost vertically into a stove pipe situation. If I pull back on the slide and release the top round in the mag returns to normal position and is chambered correctly. Has anyone else had issues like this?
rycres

Re: barrel swap now have feed issues

Postby boscoman » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:50 pm

I have to ask, have you tried another make of magazine? That's the 1st place I would go with this having found the pistol to be rather finicky with certain makes of magazines.
Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Postby attila » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:47 pm

rycres wrote:I have a 941 in 40 but just got a conversion threaded barrel in 9mm. Everything works great except when I slide in my promag 9mm mag into the gun the bottom of the slide pushes down on the top round. When I use the slide release it jams the round almost vertically into a stove pipe situation. If I pull back on the slide and release the top round in the mag returns to normal position and is chambered correctly. Has anyone else had issues like this?

Sorry I don't have extensive diagnosing experience, so I can't help much, but I second the trying other mags.

BTW, where did you find a conversion barrel?!?!

Thanks
attila

Postby rromeo » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:15 pm

I don't need a conversion, but I would love a threaded barrel.
rromeo

Postby rycres » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:20 pm

Ok finally back with news, the barrel was a cz barrel in 9mm that fits really well in my 40 full size 941. The issue was the promag magazine has a plastic base plate which won't allow it to seat properly. I ordered a 9mm mag from magnum that has a steel base plate and it works flawlessly. I may purchase a pro mag 9mm that is a 20 Rd, I am trying to find a length on it to see if the base plate will interfere or if it will extend far enough out that it won't interact with the frame.
rycres

Postby boscoman » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:55 pm

Glad it was basically a simple fix.
Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Postby rycres » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:23 pm

So finally back on, I did order the 20 rd mags and they work they are a little longer than I like but a lot cheaper. So if anyone out there and wanting to have a 940 jericho it will work. I have only put about 200 rds through but it works.
rycres

Return to Jericho