Text Size

Jericho

Magnum Research Baby Desert Eagle III vs IWI Jericho

IWI's famous pistol. Has been imported to the US by Charles Daly/KBI, Magnum Research, and Mossberg under various names.

Magnum Research Baby Desert Eagle III vs IWI Jericho

Postby Daniel71 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:35 am

I've heard that Magnum Research will be offering the Baby Desert Eagle III made by someone new (anyone know who) and IWI will be offering their Jericho with the frame mounted safety. They both look nice. I may have to buy at least one of each.
Daniel71

Re: Magnum Research Baby Desert Eagle III vs IWI Jericho

Postby Brillo Pad » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:04 am

I don't know if Walther or S&W have anything to do with it, but they have their fingers in many pies at the minute. Check out www.frankonia.de for a preview of some of the new Jericho's. There's definitely a look of Walther about them
Brillo Pad

Postby Daniel71 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:58 pm

Thanks; I saw one article that states the new Magnum Research Baby Desert Eagle III will be produced by BUL. I'm not surprised. Actually, it does look nicer than the model II. I like the look of the decocker; although, I wish they had been able to put it on the frame instead of the slide. BUL also seems to be selling their own Cherokee through Battle Ready International, but that gun doesn't have a decocker. Some people like it that way, but I don't.
Daniel71

Postby boscoman » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:24 pm

The new IWI Jerichos are nice. Got to see them at the Great Outdoor Show in PA this year. They are more like the Bul Cherokee in that there is no decocker. I prefer this in that I hate the heavy trigger pull of the old Jerichos.
Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Postby Daniel71 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:29 pm

Years ago (1997) they offered both types in the U.S. (decocker or safety only).
Daniel71

Postby boscoman » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:33 am

I have only seen the old ones with the safety only in pics. Never saw one at any of the gun shows from dealers. Wouldn't mind at this point selling my old decocker 40, for a new style 9mm. Will have to see what the market looks like.
Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Postby Daniel71 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:14 pm

It was years ago - probably about 1997, but at that time the frame mounted safety was probably more common than the version with the decocker. I remember Bachmann Pawn and Guns would have an entire table full of Baby Desert Eagle's at some of the Dallas gun shows.
Daniel71

Return to Jericho