Text Size

Jericho

Different Recoil springs?

IWI's famous pistol. Has been imported to the US by Charles Daly/KBI, Magnum Research, and Mossberg under various names.

Different Recoil springs?

Postby smelly » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:21 pm

I have two full size Jericho 941's and they each have a different recoil spring.
One is a thicker rod with only one spring the other is a thinner rod with two springs.

What's the deal with this?

Thinner rod with two springs:

IMG_20150327_135628.jpg

Thicker rod with one spring

IMG_20150327_135618.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smelly

Re: Different Recoil springs?

Postby Constantine » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:25 am

Are both recoil spring rods the same length?
Usually I find the double springs on the compact 941 and the single on the full size, it all has to do with the weight the spring produces at different lengths of compression. In compact/subcompact pistols, there is limited space to fit a long spring, and a thicker spring would produce too much weight from start, so a two-stage spring is suggested for optimal function, for example, my DPM recoil reduction system has three springs which work on different positions of the slide.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hope is the ally of the weak. Think, practice and plan because hope always dies last but never dies alone.
Constantine

Re: Different Recoil springs?

Postby smelly » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:26 am

I think it was the same length. I don't remember. Anyhow I replaced the spring with the DPM one and its been great. I use to have an occasional Failure and now the gun runs smooth. Put about 200 rounds through it without any issues.
smelly

Return to Jericho