Text Size

Jericho

Is my 941 a FL, RL, FS, RBL or what?!

IWI's famous pistol. Has been imported to the US by Charles Daly/KBI, Magnum Research, and Mossberg under various names.

Re: Is my 941 a FL, RL, FS, RBL or what?!

Postby kikon » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:06 pm

Mine is a Jericho 941 RPSL, Semi-Compact 9x19 Luger/PARA, Polymer frame / Metal slide with decocker/safety, and rail under the barrel for Picatinny style accessories.
Cheers,
David
Last edited by kikon on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vive la Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité!
kikon

Postby twister36 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:06 pm

To add more to the confusion, I too have no clue what my Jericho is either. Hopefully this info posted on IWI's web site will help:

"How many pistol models does IWI have? What is the difference between them?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IWI manufactures the famous Jericho pistol which is in service in the Israeli police force for over 20 years. Among the advantages of the Jericho pistol is its famous reliability, ambidextrous safety, single or double action trigger mechanism and more.
The Jericho pistol family comes in three calibers: 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 ACP. They also have two frame types: the S model – steel frame and the P model – polymer frame. The whole Jericho family can come in an F configuration – the safety is on the Frame or in an R configuration where the safety comes on the slide.
"
- from : http://www.israel-weapon.com/default.asp?catid=%7B5C80290A-8823-4F46-9454-675D18629CC1%7D

With this info I would say that I have a full size Jericho R, because mine is a 9mm 15rd Steel Frame with the safety on the slide. However would it be a RS because S = Steel??

Lastly the box the Jericho came in makes it more confusing,.. it says it's "mid-size" on the box, but 15rds mags are the mid-size??

The item number is JGR2014, anyone else have this? Figured it out?.. please let me know.

Thanks David
twister36

Postby kikon » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi David,

The main difference I've noted between a Full Size and a Semi Compact is not the lenght or capacity of the catch but the length of the barrel. Mine is an 941 RPSL = Semi Compact Polymer Frame 9mm with 16rd magazines. I suggest you try this link to an IWI .pdf document that shows the differences between all Jericho's (Steel & Polymer). Link: http://www.israel-weapon.com/files/broc ... ERICHO.pdf
Cheers and tell us your findings,
David
Vive la Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité!
kikon

Postby twister36 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:10 pm

Thanks David!... looking at the PDF you provided, mine looks exactly like the Jericho 941 R. The measurements also match the Jericho 941 F/R in the Steel Matrix.

I wish they would have just stamped the gun with the exact model/type.

Thanks to this forum though!
David
twister36

Postby shaunster » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:57 am

Hi All,

I am new here and need help finding out what model/make this particular 941 is. I am located in Australia so excuse the extended barrel for our stupid rules.

941a.jpg

941b.jpg

It is a full size 9mm, has the accessory rail, slide mount safety/decocker? and it is polymer.

Does this make it a 941RPL with an extended barrel for our rules?

If so, does this mean it does share mags with the cz family of guns?

I am interested in this gun, and I have seen this belonging to a member at the local range, and I had a shoot of it and I am in love and want to find my own, but he bought it second hand and doesn't know the full details or history on it and it's hard to find details of this gun in australia.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shaunster

Previous

Return to Jericho