Text Size

Jericho

Jericho Variants

IWI's famous pistol. Has been imported to the US by Charles Daly/KBI, Magnum Research, and Mossberg under various names.

Re: Jericho Variants

Postby Greed » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:45 am

Wow. that's pretty cool. looks like it has a built in compensator; and i love the two tone finish. would love to know what model that is too
Greed

Postby SadWhaleFamily » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:01 pm

This is my Jericho 941 in 9mm, Double Action Only. As you can see, there is no frame- or slide-mounted safety, and the hammer has no spur. Before I found this gun, I didn't even know DAO Jerichos existed.

The grips are aftermarket. I wanted to keep the original IMI grips safely put away.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SadWhaleFamily

Postby wickersham » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:47 am

SadWhaleFamily wrote:This is my Jericho 941 in 9mm, Double Action Only. As you can see, there is no frame- or slide-mounted safety, and the hammer has no spur. Before I found this gun, I didn't even know DAO Jerichos existed.

The grips are aftermarket. I wanted to keep the original IMI grips safely put away.

Very nice. Are those grips custom made or did they come from the guy off Ebay (in Thailand I think)?
אוי אל רשע! זה יהיה חולה איתו: עבור גמול של ידיו תינתן לו.
wickersham

Postby mattyj513 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:11 am

Two new members recently brought the Century imported Jericho to light. Prior to you guys I had no idea they ever imported it. Do you guys have more info, the year they were produced, models offered, etc?
"You cannot put a rope around the neck of an idea.
You cannot put an idea against a barrack wall and riddle it with bullets.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Postby SadWhaleFamily » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:21 pm

wickersham wrote:Are those grips custom made or did they come from the guy off Ebay (in Thailand I think)?

These grips are from the guy in Thailand. They didn't fit perfectly, so I had to shim them from the inside so they'd stop rocking about. Part of the right grip panel has chipped off already, actually.

mattyj513 wrote:Two new members recently brought the Century imported Jericho to light. Prior to you guys I had no idea they ever imported it. Do you guys have more info, the year they were produced, models offered, etc?

I have next to no info at all about Century-imported Jerichos, unfortunately.
SadWhaleFamily

Postby Hobotorium » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:50 am

SadWhaleFamily wrote:
mattyj513 wrote:Two new members recently brought the Century imported Jericho to light. Prior to you guys I had no idea they ever imported it. Do you guys have more info, the year they were produced, models offered, etc?

I have next to no info at all about Century-imported Jerichos, unfortunately.

Same with me. Mine looked like it had some serious use. It is a polymer 941FSL. I can ask email the dealer I bought it from since he has sold other surplus Jerichos in the past and is in general a treasure trove of information on firearms.
Hobotorium

Postby Hobotorium » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:01 pm

Just got a reply back from him
Sure, not a big long story but here it is:

Basically both guns were 1-off deals. Century bought a lot of 9mm handguns from Israel last year.
Same place and shipment my Walther P88 came in on.

You guys have the only 2 they imported, aside from a couple that were missing mags and maybe a couple other small parts.
Hobotorium

Postby mattyj513 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:28 pm

Thats pretty awesome, the two tone being one out of 70 or something, now these two being the only two of their kind. very nice.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Postby Franco2Shoot » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:56 am

I love the pistol. My son has the .45 ACP variant. However the extractor claw broke off this weekend,(about 500 rounds) and we cannot find a supplier that stocks parts here in Northern Virginia. Can you tell us where we could find this? Can the extractor from an EAA copy be used. Any gunsmith worth his salt should be able to punch the pin out and re-install a claw so long as it is the proper size. Of real concern is "Why did it break?".

Thanks
Franco2Shoot

Postby mattyj513 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:09 am

Only place with a stock of Jericho parts is e-gunparts.com, and it appears they only have the extractor for 9/40 in stock. I'm not sure about the EAA extractor being interchangeable, but check http://www.henningshootsguns.com/shop/upperparts.html, they have one for 45 listed and the guy is pretty knowledgeable, he might be able to let you know if it would work.

- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Jericho