Text Size

Troubleshooting & Maintenance

What is the difference????

All non-Israeli.

What is the difference????

Postby th3ug1y0n3 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Maybe this is a dumb question but I read a lot of forumn and sometimes a pistol is referred to as plinker, duty gun, target gun, range gun, etc.... What is the difference in these references. Is a plinker a good gun or is a target gun a good gun or maybe a duty gun. wouldn't a duty gun have all of what a plinker, target, range gun have?
th3ug1y0n3

Re: What is the difference????

Postby th3ug1y0n3 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:32 am

I guess what i am really trying to ask is, which one of those would describe the BEII poly versions; tagert, self defense, range, duty(military/police), or plinker pistol?
th3ug1y0n3

Postby wickersham » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:22 am

I guess it's all subjective, at least for me. I always though of target & plinker as "range" guns due to size, caliber, fun to shoot, lack of reliability, etc.

Self defense and duty would mean the same thing to me. (A reliable weapon).
אוי אל רשע! זה יהיה חולה איתו: עבור גמול של ידיו תינתן לו.
wickersham

Postby mattyj513 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:50 am

Depends on who you ask....a plinker is something you would shoot cans with all day, but wouldnt necessarily trust your life to. a target gun would be one used for competition, be it idpa ipsc, etc., usually upgraded alot, a range gun is one you would shoot at the range, but due to size, weight, reliability etc you would not use as your edc (every day carry), and a duty gun is the one you'd use to defend your life, or the lives of others, while on duty.
"You cannot put a rope around the neck of an idea.
You cannot put an idea against a barrack wall and riddle it with bullets.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Postby th3ug1y0n3 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:55 am

That puts in perspective and I get it now. Sometimes it takes a while for my brain to take it in but with your help it has now been absorbed.

What would we consider the Poly versions of the BEII?
th3ug1y0n3

Postby mattyj513 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:23 pm

Depends who you are. Troops of the IDF would consider it their duty. People who find it reliable and dont mind the size and weight may use at as duty/carry, people who have reliability issues may only use it at the range.
"You cannot put a rope around the neck of an idea.
You cannot put an idea against a barrack wall and riddle it with bullets.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Postby boscoman » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:20 pm

A pistol like the poly 40 BE in my mind is a duty weapon. Mid size & relatively light for carry, robust design meant to take abuse, & heavy 1st DA trigger pull designed to make you really think about taking that 1st shot at someone.
Just my 2 cents on this subject.
Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Return to Troubleshooting & Maintenance