Text Size

AK-47

Underfolder build

Underfolder build

Postby mattyj513 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:09 pm

Greetings members. I have been busy in the past months, but my labors have been fruitful. Over the next week or so I am going to be posting my projects, let me know what you think.

First up is my Polish Underfolder, kit purchased from akbuilder.com, receiver is a NoDak Spud. This was my first complete build, and I couldnt be more pleased with the results. Only downside is I live in NY, and thus had to weld the stock to permanently fix it in the open position. I swapped out the wood handguards for a tri rail lower guard and a vented gas tube. Added MI sight mount and primary arms red dot for quick target acquisition and cowitnessing abilities. Did a paracord wrap on the left arm of the underfolder so my face wouldn't stick in the winter and melt in the summer. Receiver, barrel, and stock got DuraCoated ultra flat black. I have since added an IDF enhanced rifle sling, tac welded a bayonet lug rail (another NY no no) and mounted a streamlight to it, as well as paracord mag pull loops to allow quick mag changes while retaining the mags. Shoots like a dream, dead accurate, and looks and feels fantastic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"You cannot put a rope around the neck of an idea.
You cannot put an idea against a barrack wall and riddle it with bullets.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Re: Underfolder build

Postby boscoman » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:12 am

Very nice, & NY Sucks. Couldn't help but to point out the obvious.
Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Return to AK-47