Text Size

All Others

Ruger 10/22 DIY project

Ruger 10/22 DIY project

Postby mattyj513 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:43 am

Greetings all. My latest project has been a Ruger 10/22, bought factory new with the wood stock and blued barrel. I moved it over into a Muzzelite bullpup stock, and for those not familiar, it is pretty flimsy. I did a couple mods to the stock to make it fit and operate better, as well as doing a trigger buff/polish on the Ruger. Swapped out the factory bolt handle and magazine release for extended ones. On the stock I cut off the carry handle and front sight, added a rail for a BU rear sight and red dot, added a rail for a BU front sight, added a vertical foregrip, added a sling stud with Cross Tac sling, and DuraCoated in Diamond Plate Stealth. The DuraCoat came out decent, but not as nice as I would like, but the Diamond Plate pattern is a real nightmare, especially with the shape of the stock I applied it to. Would have been alot easy on a basic stock. The pictures attached show the progression from factory to fully modded, only thing the last picture is missing is the BU rear sight. Let me know what you think. The pictures are from my phone, ill try to get some quality ones up later in the week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"You cannot put a rope around the neck of an idea.
You cannot put an idea against a barrack wall and riddle it with bullets.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Re: Ruger 10/22 DIY project

Postby mattyj513 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:53 am

Heres some better ones
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Postby boscoman » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:14 pm

Very interesting set up to say the least.
The Duracoat looks good.
Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Postby mattyj513 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:58 am

I know Bill Ruger is probably cursing me from beyond the grave, but this rifle is killing lots of birds with one stone for me. I've wanted a bullpup for some time, but am not thrilled over any of the few currently available models in the US, I've wanted a 22 for cheap plinking ammo, I've wanted to do another DuraCoat job since my last one, and I've also wanted to see how capable I am of (or how far I can go) making modifications to an existing system.

- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Postby boscoman » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:25 pm

I hope that he is rolling. He was not always a shooters best friend & refused to insure motorcycle riders that worked for him.
Past that little rant it looks really well done to say the least (nice diamond plate). Personally not a big fan of bullpups in general, but would like to get my hands on a Tavor.
Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Postby mattyj513 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:04 pm

Yeah the Tavor would be a dream come true, I've looked into having one imported and its into the tens of thousands.

- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Return to All Others