Text Size

DPM Systems Technologies

DPM - yes!

Design & Devlopment of Advanced Components

DPM - yes!

Postby kraigster414 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:23 am

I have the DPM recoil reduction unit (internal) installed in multiple semi autos and all are performing well, no problems. This is one after-market product that truly deserves a serious look in my opinion.
Jericho 941 mid-size 9mm poly with: DPM recoil reduction unit, Armalaser SR-2, Meprolilght ML 19593 night sights
kraigster414

Re: DPM - yes!

Postby wickersham » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:07 pm

Got one for my full size 9mm in steel to have a spare (my current factory recoil spring is captive and am unsure if the newer non captive setup would work).

Anyway, these are nice units. To be honest I could not tell much of a difference with the watered down commercial ammo typically available (keep in mind, 9mm full size steel - .40 users would probably see better results).

However, the DPM spring shines with +P and real NATO ammo - it felt like regular Walmart WWB/Fedral with it installed and definitely reduces recoil and muzzle flip on the hot loads.

I did have a slight issue at first = the springs are stiff and I got a few FTEs the first 150 rds or so with it (again, using weak practice ammo). I locked the slide back and let the springs "set" for about a week (yes, I know some will say that this is a myth, but it worked for me - I learned this trick when I got my G17 Gen4 and did the same thing since its recoil spring is heavy as well).

After this little hiccup and remedy, it shoots anything now, even the reloads my range sells (which is also loaded weak).
אוי אל רשע! זה יהיה חולה איתו: עבור גמול של ידיו תינתן לו.
wickersham

Return to DPM Systems Technologies