Text Size

IWI (formerly IMI)

Possible Importer for IMI

Israel Weapons Industries (IWI), formerly known as Israel Military Industries (IMI). Headquartered in Ramat HaSharon, Israel.

Possible Importer for IMI

Postby rat907 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:35 pm

I worked a temporary job for Armscor repackaging a huge shotgun order for Davidsons. After talking with the USA Rep of Armscor, I had found out that Armscor had picked up Charles Daley stock after it folded.

If enough people contact Armscor, we may have another avenue for IMI to hit the american shores again... just a thought.
Just another clown with guns™
אני תומך בישראל ואנשים שלה

In War: Victory, In Peace: Diligence, In Death: Sacrifice

rat907

Re: Possible Importer for IMI

Postby BruceGAtl » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:26 am

Please check the other threads... looks like Kahr (new owner of Magnum Research)
will be picking it up...

That said.. would they license the import to more than one..... ??
Jericho 941 9mm
Jericho 941 40 s&w
XD(M)-40 (EDC)

Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org
http://www.georgicacarry.org
Member of GeorgiaPacking.Org
http://www.georgiapacking.org
BruceGAtl

Postby mattyj513 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:26 am

I am no expert, but I don't think IWI would be opposed to importing their guns that are not currently being imported to a different manufacturer than Kahr. If they were approached with a good deal on bringing in some of their Galils or Tavors and Kahr wasn't interested, I doubt they would have to have import monogamy for lack of a better term. Look at Walther, their P99 is sold under the Walther name, S&W, and MR. As far as whether anyone would be willing to import them, that is another story entirely. Seems like alot of red tape and start up for weapons that don't have guaranteed sales (I say this only from a business perspective, we haven't had them so we don't know how they will do). Should these weapons be imported, I for one will be very happy.
"You cannot put a rope around the neck of an idea.
You cannot put an idea against a barrack wall and riddle it with bullets.

You cannot confine it in the strongest prison that your slaves could ever build."
- Sean O'Casey
mattyj513
Site Admin

Postby rat907 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:55 am

BruceGAtl wrote:Please check the other threads... looks like Kahr (new owner of Magnum Research)
will be picking it up...

That said.. would they license the import to more than one..... ??

Well this is more like work than fun. How about posting a thread link for a quick find so others and myself don't have to dig through the listings for a specific topic.

But yes, I was at the opening of the 2011 Shot Show in Las Vegas yesterday. I was graced with an Exhibitors pass from Armscor International.

In my roving of the ungodly amount of vendors, I came across the Magnum Research booth just a few aisle's down from Armscor and Bitter Root bullets whom share the same corner. After a short chat with a Rep that spoke with me, I was told that the 9mm, Forty and the 45 ACP in both Polymer and Steel in the various configurations are here again.

I think a tear rolled down my cheek as I left with a grin on my mug.
Just another clown with guns™
אני תומך בישראל ואנשים שלה

In War: Victory, In Peace: Diligence, In Death: Sacrifice

rat907

Return to IWI (formerly IMI)