Text Size

BUL Ltd.

Bul Cherokee being imported again

Makers of the Cherokee, Impact, Storm, and M-5 pistols. Located in Tel Aviv, Israel.

Bul Cherokee being imported again

Postby Daniel71 » Sun May 10, 2015 9:49 am

Battle Ready has the BUL Cherokee listed on their web site. I haven't seen any on Gun Broker yet or anywhere else.
Daniel71

Re: Bul Cherokee being imported again

Postby boscoman » Tue May 12, 2015 6:12 pm

How about a link.

Magnum Research's newest Baby Eagle III is made by Bul for them.
http://www.ammoland.com/2015/04/magnum- ... i-handgun/
What I don't like about this new pistol is the safety / decocker up on the slide.
Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Postby Daniel71 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:30 am

https://getbattleready.us/

https://getbattleready.us/product-category/Firearms/

https://getbattleready.us/product/cherokee-compact/

I never remember the rules of the different forums. I was almost suspended on the S&W site for posting a link.
Daniel71

Postby Daniel71 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:33 am

The BUL Cherokee and the IWI Jericho have the safety (not a decocker) mounted on the frame. Magnum Research Baby Desert Eagle III keeps the safety / decocker on the slide.
I still haven't seen any of the new Cherokees offered for sale.
Daniel71

Postby boscoman » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:56 pm

It is interesting that IWI has now placed the safety on the frame for the new Jericho's like the old Cherokee & the new Baby Eagles now have a de-cocker on the slide for Magnum Research.
What is also interesting is that the old web sight for Bul is gone & has not been replaced. Apparently they have decided that Magnum Research is their sole supplier. At some point I will have to go visit their store in Tel Aviv & talk with the people there as to what transpired to bring about all the changes.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Postby Daniel71 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:22 am

For a while there was a web site for a company named Battle Ready International that listed the BUL 1911 style polymer 45 caliber pistols and the Cherokee pistols for sale. They seemed to be in operation for only a short while, most of their guns seemed to be out of stock, and their web site is now no longer found. A few months ago I saw two Cherokee pistols listed for sale on Gun Broker so I guess Battle Ready is out of business and BUL is using just Magnum Research.
Daniel71

Postby boscoman » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:00 pm

Bul doesn't even have a web sight anymore. Magnum Research is the main supplier of their handguns at this point.
I find it most interesting that the new handguns that were the Cherokee now hava a slide mounted de cocker. I have to wonder if MR demanded that since now that IWI is selling the Jericho under their own name it is now gone. The new Jericho is basically what the Cherokee was, frame mounted safety, no de cocker.

boscoman

Return to BUL Ltd.