Text Size

BUL Ltd.

new Bul Storm owner

Makers of the Cherokee, Impact, Storm, and M-5 pistols. Located in Tel Aviv, Israel.

new Bul Storm owner

Postby avg4runr » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:39 pm

Hello everyone, new Bul Storm owner and hopefully a Jericho soon. I could really use some help finding replacement parts for the Storm. I knew the rear sights would need to be replace when I bought the gun and I can't seem to find any. I've spent countless time on google searching with no luck. I also emailed Bul Ltd but never got a response.
I also like to find another magazine for it and again no luck. I did read in a forum where the member uses a Mec-Gar MG-GT21-16 but the slide doesn't stay locked after the last round and the clip doesn't release as it should. But I guess that model number is no longer supported since its not even listed on Mec-Gar's web page.
I did also read in another forum that a EAA Witness mag may work. Any suggestions?
avg4runr

Re: new Bul Storm owner

Postby boscoman » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:03 pm

No one but Bul makes the rear sight for this pistol. The front sight is milled with the slide & can't be replaced but can have a tritium sight installed.(http://www.tooltechgunsight.com/) I had Tool Tech do night sights for 2 of my Buls & they redid my rear sights. They do nice work, & it runs about $225 give or take for them to do the work.
As to parts, most anything that works in the Bul Cherokee will work in the storm. EEA & CZ parts many times are also interchangeable. Magazines are a bit tricky. Many magazines for the 941, EEA, & CZ will fit the storm, but not always a guarantee that they will hold the slide back.
Bul's customer service is not real consistent. You can always call them to get answers, many of the employees speak English.
Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Postby avg4runr » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:06 pm

Thanks Boscoman,
My front sight is fine but the rear is a bit chewed up. I'll check with who you recommend to see if I can get one milled. Thanks also for the info about the mag, I don't mind if the slide doesn't stay locked after the last round. I just want something else to use and was looking to see if there's a particular model I should use. I guess if I choose a EAA or CZ type, I should get one that fits a full size and not a compact or sub?

btw... love the quote in your signature.
avg4runr

Postby boscoman » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:41 am

Lou Sharp is a crusty old guy that is pretty easy for the most part to deal with. He was and is the parts distributor for Bul her in the states. Most of what he has I think is for the M5 more than the other models, but you can give him a call & ask if he has any of the items you are looking for.
As to the rear sight, give Tool Tech a call & ask if they still have the mold for the Cherokee rear sight. It should be the same & they did 3 for me. Than again Lou might even have one. Otherwise call Bul. That is they type of item that they should have no problem shipping to you.
What you don't ask for you will never get. :>)

Lou Sharp
All America Sales, Inc.
8884 Hwy 62, West
Piggot, AR 72454, USA
Tel: 870-544-2809
Fax: 870-544-2695
Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it.

A quote by the Great Genghis Khan to Islam "I am the flail of God.If you had not committed great sins, God would have not sent a punishment like me upon you"
boscoman

Return to BUL Ltd.